Military Spouses of Strength is a national nonprofit organization with a mission
to improve the health and overall wellness within the military community.
1. What do you want to study? What is your goal?
2. Are you interested in attending online or brick & mortar?
3. Review the list of 1900 Service Members Opportunity College (SOC) schools
4. Check that the schools you are interested in have proper accreditation
5. Meet with an advisor to create a successful academic plan
6. Determine if your life commitments allow for a full time schedule vs. half time schedule
Even though you may have openings in your day at the time of registration for a full time
schedule, look at forecasted events.
Questions to ask yourself:
a. Will your service member be deploying?
b. Will your children have activities that require extra time?
c. Will you be moving?
d. Will you need to work throughout the semester?
7. Explore the various funding options
Annually, spouses' clubs, branch aid societies, and private organizations offer scholarships for spouses. Check out our funding page for funding opportunities.
8. Fill out your FAFSA through the Department of Education
9. Evaluate if you have prior learning that can count for credit. Some states have begun passing legislation to give veterans and spouses credit for military training and prior experience.
Getting Started: Download Checklist
Congratulations! You have decided you want to start school or continue on your education path. With the vast amount of resources and information, it is important that you research your options so that you can find the best school for your needs.
1220 W. Parnall Road
Jackson, MI 49201
DISCLAIMER: MENTAL HEALTH WARNINGS AND DISCLAIMERS Military Spouses of Strength (MSoS), its facilitators and owners provide an informational peer formatted website. The resources available on this Website are provided for educational and supportive purposes only; are not intended to be used in place of personal and face-to-face consultation with a specialized trained and professional health care or mental health care professional. READ FULL DISCLAIMER
©2014 -15 Military Spouses of Strength (MSoS) All Rights Reserved.
Outside Legal Counsel provided by Lindsey Savage. Content provided by MSoS. Graphic & Website designed provided by oodzine.